Snowy Lane by Larry Lerew 180108

Snowy Lane by Larry Lerew 180108

After pencil guildelngs, adding wax crayon (white, black, brown, orange, red, purple)

Adding watercolor

Pencil Value Sketch to work from.

Today we are having a snow day so its good to have work indoors. I took my value sketch and redrew it larger on another sheet of drawing paper. As I neared completion I noticed the three ivy covered trees on the right had become uniform and not as varied in my value sketch. The brain plays funny tricks on artists because I wanted to put more variety in those trees but my brain was fighting me by making them even and all alike. My next attempt I will be more aware of the problem area. If you have any comments please share. Thanks.

www.LarryLerew.com
www.larrylerew.blogspot.com

Comments

Popular Posts