The Boiling Springs Iron Furnace as a watercolor. Larry Lerew

I painted in Boiling Springs, Pennsylvania on Thursday and met Cecelia Lyden as she was leaving and had a pleasant introduction and chat with Cheryl Kugler when she arrived. I sketched and painted the Iron Furnace close to the mill and enjoyed an afternoon of outdoor painting. The weather was perfect. I pencil sketched the furnace in my sketchbook first and then moved a short distance away to paint off the tailgate of my pick up. The parking lot was full of fly fishermen and I should have taken the time to sketch them coming and going with all their gear. That might be a future painting this spring.
"Boiling Springs Iron Furnace" by Larry Lerew
11" x 14" watercolor on 140 lb. stretch watercolor paper
www.LarryLerew.com




Comments

Popular Posts