I could feel the snakes watching - Larry Lerew

Thursday Julie Riker, Ralph Hocker, Bill Andrew and I painted early at Wildwood Lake near HACC above Harrisburg. We were looking for water lilies but it was still a little early in July. My first visit here and I found a spot on the "boardwalk" close to the nature center. Bill and I both saw a red weasel and lots of hikers of all ages moving around the park. I felt a little uneasy standing in one spot for two hours next to marshy water, there had to be water snakes. This was an interesting low key painting and I had fun toning all the values down but still holding onto lots of color.

"Wildwood Lake Woods Of Color"
#12-07-10
Acrylic
en Plein Air
9" x 12"


To see more of my art check out my website and NEW Art Gift Store:
LarryLerew.com

Comments

Popular Posts