Fresh Spring Air On The Susquehanna by Larry Lerew

#12-05-09
Title: "Susquehanna Tree Jumble"
Size: 16" x 20"
Location: en Plein Air Liverpool Boat Access, Liverpool, PA
Medium: Acrylic on Canvas Panel
Artist: Larry Lerew

This is my semi abstract interpretation of our day painting right along the river at the Liverpool Boat Access on May 10, 2012. The river was high and running fast after the recent rain. The light and color was fantastic so I painted how I felt standing their in the clear fresh spring air. The cloud shadows were dancing around taking the mountains in and out of light and everytime I looked up at the river it changed color. Everytime Bill Andrew saw a log or tree floating by he would say "Quick Larry, paint that in", I'm fast but not that fast. This was a fun day on the Susquehanna River.

To see more of my art check out my website:
LarryLerew.com
 

Comments

Popular Posts