"Penny Store" by Larry Lerew

"Penny Store" by Larry Lerew
9.5" x 7.5" Mixed Watermedia on Watercolor Paper

Long ago every little country community had a little penny store where kids could spend their pennies to purchase a few gum balls or sweet treats. I remember the glass case of goodies on display full of penny candy and being able to point to what I wanted and the clerk filling my small paper bag with Penny-A-Piece treats. Sometimes when I didn't have pennies I would use my wagon or bike basket to collect empty discarded pop bottles along the road and use the deposit money to buy my penny candy. It was a different and in some ways kinder, safer and more trusting world than we have today. Here's wishing everyone a kinder, safer and Happy New Year!

See over 170 paintings on my website: www.LarryLerew.com

Comments

Popular Posts