Steel Observation Tower by Larry Lerew

#12-06-22 Size: 12" x 16" Acrylic
#12-06-23 Size: 12" x 9" Pastel

Participating in the Gettyburg Festival Plein Air Event this week.

Met Donna Barlup at Devil's Den and we both painted watercolors this morning. Donna's painting was impressive and full of color. My painting didn't work and bit the dust, so I tried a quick pastel study of a couple of interesting trees just above us on the horizon. Then I packed up and left to see Madeline Reilly who was painting from the Peach Orchard. She was finished for the day and needed to come back later so I headed over to the steel observation tower, had a quick bagged lunch and painted the tower. Switching mediums made things interesting and fun. I climbed this tower in grade school and my Cub Scout Troop spent a fun day flying kites here back in the 60's. Met lots of people through the day and had plenty of fun painting and talking. Just wish I was younger and had more energy although I'm happy I can get out of the studio and paint en plein air with friends.

To see more of my art check out my website:
LarryLerew.com

Comments

Popular Posts