My Entries 2012 Members Show At The Art Center, Mechanicsburg, PA by Larry Lerew

#12-06-53 Size: 8" x 16" Acrylic, en plein air
"Camp Hill Plein Air Behind Market Street"

#12-06-54 Size: 8" x 16" Acrylic, en plein air
"Dillsburg Square Crossing"

I'm participating in this year's 2012 Member's Show at the Art Center School and Galleries, Mechanicsburg, PA. The reception is Friday, July 13 from 5 to 7 p.m. The top painting was painted on location standing next to the Community Building in Camp Hill and the second painting was painted on the street at Dillsburg's Square. I have been exploring Fauvism with my plein air painting and really enjoy having fun with simple shapes and free color. Henri Matisse and the Fauves are having an important impact on me as I evolve as an artist. I can no longer paint just what I see, I'm now consistantly painting what I feel and that's a big poetic step in my painting.


To see more of my art check out my website:
LarryLerew.com

Comments

Popular Posts