Beech Spring Farm, Orrtanna, PA by Larry Lerew

#12-06-59 Size: 12" x 24" Acrylic, en plein air
"Beech Spring Farm Overview"
Orrtanna, Pennyslvania
 
June 28th the SVPAP met at this beautiful location and I found a great viewpoint for my painting on a open field hillside. It was a hot day with a dry breeze blowing and I was working in full sun that's why I got "sun sick". Had most of the painting in place but had to stop and take a break in the shade and drink some water to recover. It's amazing how involved an artist gets while working. We ate our brown bag lunches under the shade tree and had a great art talk. This farm is "very pristine" and I needed to rough it up a little on canvas to give it the character I like. I finished this painting in my cool studio and added the dots and dashes I felt were needed.

To see more of my art check out my website:
LarryLerew.com

Comments

Popular Posts