Larry Lerew to Display Art at Dillsburg Library



I did a plein air sketch from the comfort of my pick-up truck recently. This was a quick 15 minute pencil sketch to capture simple shapes and compositions of downtown Dillsburg looking north from the Post Office. I left my camera behind and soaked in the view as an artist. It was early afternoon and the school buses started moving by and I knew the yellow bus was my center of interest. From this quick field sketch I created the painting below. The painting is not plein air but I think I caught the feel of the moment from my sketch which is why I like to sketch plein air.


View a selection of my paintings in person during the month of February 2012 at the Dillsburg Library, Dillsburg, PA. Free admission, Free street parking. Come in, warm up and have a look at some of my recent work. Link to Dillsburg Area Public Library for hours: http://www.yorklibraries.org/dillsburg/
Wednesday, February 1, 10:00am until Wednesday, February 29, 2012 at 8:00pm
Phone: 717-432-5613
Email: dllib@yorklibraries.org
Librarian: Barbara Tosiano

Comments

Popular Posts